Friday, February 20, 2009

“Today I toast happiness”

Brightening a weird day is sometimes all I need. This kind of weather and season needs some brightening around me – and I am sure that you have the same sense.

Let me start with some silly stuff… you likely have heard them before…

  • "Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law." ~ Hubert Humphrey

  • "Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do." ~ Ronald Reagan

  • "Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder" ~ anon

  • "I can see clearly now, the brain has gone" ~ anon

  • "I am nobody - Nobody is perfect - Therefore, I must be perfect!" ~ anon

  • "Some people say that one's personality is reflected off of their car... Well, I have no car." ~anon

  • "I'm gonna live forever, or die trying." ~ Joseph Heller

  • "Committee - a group of men who keep minutes and waste hours." ~ M. Berle

  • "A friend is someone who's there when he needs you" ~ anon

  • "Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter

  • "A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on" - Samuel Goldwyn.

  • "What's another word for thesaurus?" - Steven Wright.

  • "Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet." Mark Twain.

  • "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett.

  • "Love is temporary insanity curable by marriage." - Ambrose Bierce

  • "You're about as useful as a one-legged man at an a** kicking contest." - Rowan Atkinson.

  • "If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" - Steven Wright.

  • "I can resist everything except temptation." - Oscar Wilde.

  • "If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

  • "The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you." - Rita Mae Brown.

  • "I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally." - WC Fields.

As we drove away from the problem we began to laugh. It started as a giggle when we remembered how funny the lady looked. It broke into a full laugh when we thought of how foolish the man beside her looked. Then we bean slapping our legs as tears poured down our face as we thought of what happened next….

One of the best reasons that I know of that explains my lack of belief in Evolution is that no animal I know or have ever met… laughs.

But then again when you join into the world that you are part of – and no one laughs… your are either with animals… or some really impossible people.

Come on brighten up!

Yesterday at a Senior’s group I belong to – called “New Friends” people laughed and giggled the hours a way. They were fun to be with.
Some had religious background others have never been inside a church (at least for a long time) – yet they were happy.

“Today I toast happiness”. I appreciate a good giggle. I long for a hearty laugh.

Now if you have nothing to laugh at … look in a mirror… that is what God sees… and really… it is funny…very funny the way he put you together… and the fact that someone loves the one in the mirror… that is not only funny – but a miracle.

~ Murray Lincoln ~
Consider...

No comments: