Sunday, June 29, 2008

Check Lists...

The days have kind of slipped together and I have to stop and think which one I am in now….

This is Sunday…I should be fussing over the last moments of a sermon…then praying for peace to present it…then praying for the older lady that criticizes everything….then praying for the day to go well at church…for people to love each other… and for everything to go well when new people come through the church doors…that someone will welcome them and the church will meet their needs…

I should be… but I am not. It is an odd feeling to go from Pulpit to Pew. Never having done this for over 39 years – I am at a loss as to what to do next.

So we are taking a break for at least one Sunday… a new check list is now in place for today…
  • Lunch is packed…Check
  • Lawn chairs are in the car… Check
  • Fishing rods are ready… Check
  • Tackle box is full… Check
  • Bait I will buy on the way… Check
  • Sunscreen… Check
  • Mosquito repellant… Check
  • Umbrella… just in case…. Check
  • Book to read… Check
  • Check…check…check…
For 39 years I have wondered where people go on Sundays when they are not there in church… today I am going to find out…if it is that much fun…and ….whatever…

Please pray for me today….the way that I used to pray for you when you were away from church.

Have a great one today!

~ Murray Lincoln ~

1 comment:

MistiPearl said...

Hey! How was the fishing???Get wet?:) Did you raise your voice to God while waiting for the fish to bite? - I mean in praise, not in prayer for the one that got away:P
God Bless you both as you rest!
:):):):)