Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I can do it – I can do it… I can buy an iPhone

I can do it – I can do it… I can buy an iPhone – soon…maybe… well if Alida agrees with me… possibly. They are on sale for only $99 or $199 or $299….

The prices has just come down and they are so neat. They can do all kinds of amazing things. What a toy!

With it I can get all kinds of “apps”. That is a word used by cool people that says that, “I know what I am talking about.” When it comes to this gadgetry – I am cool!

But there is a sang here… I was looking for info on this latest thingie now available from the supplier through Rogers… and the words read…
Quote…
I have an unlocked “Originally on Fido, Now on Rogers” iPhone that has seemed to cease MMS functionality. )=I originally had another iphone which was stolen. (it was Locked to rogers) and I could use Swirlymmsas I pleased. I then bought the Fido one (mentioned above), jailbroke it, unlocked it, installed SwirlyMMS and was having no complications untill now. When I start swirlymms it will pop up with a message after about 5 - 10 seconds saying “PDP Authentication Failure” or “Failure to Activate Cellular Data Network”. This is really annoying, and any help would be appreciated.FYI Info: Its a 3G Iphone on Rogers, unlocked with Yellowsn0w
Unquote

What the heck is “Swirlymmsas” – or a SwirlyMMs or something called Yellowsn0w…?

I know Fido – he was a dog that our neighbour had one time. I know Rogers – like Mr. Rogers – that old guy that always wore a sweater and had a big trunk and loved his neighbors….but this new thingie was or is locked to rogers…” Huh?

Hokey Mokey.. I need another degree to even buy one of these units.

When my wife wasn’t looking I sneaked into Future Shop and slid over to the counter that sells these thingies. I held the one on the wire cable to prevent people from stealing it. Cool… and it is slim and easy to fit into a pocket – or into a special container/holder that hooks to your belt.

First problem – in this retirement mode… I don’t wear that many belts now… and sweat pants are far more comfortable to work in. Where do I carry the new thingie?

The cute young thing moved over to me at the counter as I held the thingie? She smiled sweetly and wondered if she could help me. I didn’t say anything out loud – but did wonder if I met her last year in my granddaughter’s class… Grade 4 wasn’t it?

She then plucked the thingie from my hand and started touching the screen… zip…swish… would you look at that? I can’t believe it! In a moment the screen was filling with Beer… suds and all… right to the top… the photo on the screen of the thingie was now full of liquid – a light coloured Beer… then she said – “Do you want a drink? Go ahead… tip it up like glass…”

No kidding – I looked around to see if anyone was watching me try the thingie out… Nope… so I did… and as I tipped it my way like a glass the Beer began to run out of the thingie… at least it looked like it did… and though I wasn’t drinking anything – It looked like I was. TOO COOOOOL! (See links below) And the thingie BURPED after it was empty.

Then she said, “Try this one…” then touched another place on the screen… and the thingie became a Zippo Lighter… she made the motion of flicking the lighter and the thingie showed a flame!

Remember the Old Concerts where we waved a candle in the air to the great music… well now you can wave your iPhone… way too cool!

It can also be held on the neat belt holder… clips right on.

One problem – in that I wear a lot of sweat pants now… no place to clip the thingie on… sheesh. Oops I said that already…

But the new thingie allows you to TEXT someone easily… like the other Blackberry Thingie does.

But – why would I TEXT someone that is sitting at the table across from me. My wife is the only person that now tells me what I need to do next… and she and I are together a lot – after retirement.

But if I had one… I could sit at a table and look at the screen… letting everyone know or think that someone is TEXTING an important message my way. Great image builder.

I think I will carve myself an iPhone… cheaper.

The fact is that the world has suddenly changed and “I am not with it” – in fact I am so out of it – that it stinks.

Please watch the YouTube Video below listed as “A Youngster…” and then listen to his voice… how old do you suppose the person is?

Oh my I not only feel old… I am OLD… as DIRT.

When I muster enough nerve I will go back and talk to the cute young girl at Future Shop again. I told her I was just looking. But when she saw the amazed look on my face with the Lighter demo and the Beer Demo and the fact that I couldn’t answer her question… she asked, “Are you okay sir..?” I walked slowly away… very slowly before she called and ambulance…

Then that same day as I waited to get on an elevator… a woman walked up to me and asked me… “Excuse me sir… can I ask you a question… Are you a Vet?” Hokey Mokey!

I stared at her and she said it again slowly…

“No” was my reply, “I just look really, really, really old… and feel it too.”

A Vet?!?!? Is she nuts or something!? I was born during that war… and didn’t fight in it. As to the more recent wars… NO also… I was too old to carry a gun… and too old to do about anything.

I think I need something that will lift my old spirit… I am going downtown to stand on a corner and well… Aw Nuts… I have another Doctor’s appointment… and more blood tests… I think I will go take a nap after breakfast….

~ Murray Lincoln ~
http://www.murraylincoln.com/

Source:
A youngster shows you how to work with his IPhone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlGqv70WkKs
Zippo Lighter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH8QxlkfcOw
Beer Glass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3MfQIswl3k
More Beers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zuYkXPrCD0&annotation_id=annotation_776160&feature=iv

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Murray,
Welcome to the old giezer club. Lets meet again at the corner of George and Aylmer and watch the pretty girls go by. My scooter is charging and we can all dream on!
Winston

Murray Lincoln said...

George doesn't come across Aylmer... or are you suggesting we watch all the girls between George and Aylmer - which street will we meet on?