Friday, June 19, 2009

Dear Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Mr. Michael Ignatieff

Dear Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Mr. Michael Ignatieff:

I am, and we are, impressed to say the least! Dialogue! WOW! And not just a little political posturing – you guys actually talked about the issues at hand and the ones that are important to all of us.

As a Canadian I “THANK YOU” for being able to talk before acting in the way that the Media said you would.

The Media certainly had us frightened that we would be spending huge amounts of money again on an election that none of us wanted.

By the way if you have noticed the NDP and BLOQ leaders have not been quoted in the News Media about what you have accomplished. It is unlikely that they don’t want to comment. Mr. Layton is likely going to have an uncomfortable weekend because you talked.

If you haven’t noticed yet… every time your parties go to the polls you drop in numbers from the last time that you went. I believe the vote goes to the NDP in English Canada – and the BLOQ in French Canada gain more votes. People that are tired of the bickering between the “Big Parties” simply go over to the other guys.

Locally I have had people tell me that they intend to do just that to punish the so called leadership.

What’s that you say? A Wasted Vote? I asked that question too… The answer was, “No way – it’s not wasted. It was wasted last time I voted. The leadership again is not working together to Make Canada Grow. So the next time I will definitely make a move to the way out parties!”

Every time we don’t get along or show the innate hatred for each other – some one slips in and takes away something we value. That is sad.

Another man in a coffee shop meeting this week stated an even scarier thing. He said, “Vote…? Who ever will Vote again? Not me. It is a perfectly good waste of time to go to that silly voting station. They never do what I ask them to do anyway!”

The fact is that we are tired of the silliness that has been portrayed so often by the Media.

I am holding my breath today because I know that you guys are dealing with the really big issues and the VOTE in the House.

Sorry I cannot wait around to see if you finally do/did agree. I have to go speak to Hundreds of Kids at Lang Pioneer Village. I am going to share with them how Canada started in the Back Woods of Ontario(and all the rest of the Provinces). I will be telling them how everyone worked together to build their community. I will share with them how everyone got together and helped everyone else to build their houses and barns and stores and even the chicken coup. They were community – they were together.

In the 1856 Carpenter Shop there is an old stove that sits in the middle of the room. It appears to warm the shop. But it did way more than that.

When I was a boy my Grandpa had a shop almost like the one at Lang Pioneer Village. And in the shop there was a stove. Around the stove the men gathered to talk and share ideas. In my imagination today it was the basis for what Canada’s Government was all about. Talking together and sharing common purpose.

I want to say thank you again. I admire you for taking what appears to be three whole days to talk to each other.

In a year or so when hopefully the Next Election comes along – I am going to vote for both of you!

~ Murray Lincoln ~
http://www.murraylincoln.com/

PS – I likely won’t get much reaction or response from you on this post… but have a great day anyway!

Source:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/harper-ignatieff-hash-out-ei-deal-in-bid-to-stave-off-election/article1184345/

No comments: