Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Iggy and Stevie Show

My Letter to Mr. Irving R. Gerstein Chair of the Conservative Fund Canada….

Dear Irving and all...
I understand perfectly what is happening with our Government in Ottawa. I have followed it with great interest. I have also been speaking about it lately in different settings and have encouraged people to pray for the Government especially this week as these important decisions are being made.

I have given the name of the present turning/churning events as "The Iggy and Stevie Show". Both are desiring to be front and center of what is happening. We as the Canadian population are all following this show carefully. I only hope and pray that they will learn to get along together... and that isn't just Iggy doing it Stevie's way or Stevie doing it Iggy's way - it is learning to get together and govern for the best of the rest. (Iggy and Stevie – for non Canadian readers are Michael Ignatief –Leader of the Liberal Party – and Steven Harper – Leader of the Conservative Party and Prime Minister of Canada.)

I would certainly love to contribute something to the war chest... but that isn't possible at this time. You see the present economic situation has hit me personally. I am now paid by YOU and all the other leaders and followers in Canada. I am on Employment Insurance and have been since last June 2008. The downturn has turned us down as well. Your request for $100 or $200 is 25% and 50% of what I now get paid each week. And as harsh as it sounds - I cannot afford to give you One Cent.

BUT I will be praying for you and the rest that you can be assured of.

Now to help you fully understand and to be truthful about it... the Ontario Government along with E.I. have done a wonderful thing for us by providing the Ontario Self Employed Benefit program - that is known locally as O.S.E.B. or for short S.E.B. Under this program I have been able to start a Wood Carving Business entitled "Misty Hollow Carving".

Now if you would like me to be able to contribute something to your War Chest or anything else... would YOU consider investing further in my new small business by ordering a carving? You can look at my carvings at http://www.murraylincoln.com/ (A Great Idea… perhaps you folks would like to purchase a GREAT CANADIAN GIFT for Prime Minister Steven Harper – have I got some deals for you!)

To remain positive about the turning/churning events in my own life I have also pioneered a great ministry entitled "Ontario Provincial Chaplaincy" which encourages people to pray each day for each of our Politicians in our Ontario Government. Our initial goal is to have at least 2 people from each Riding of our Ontario MPP’s praying for an supporting the local MPP. Our second goal is to have 10,000 people praying for our Government across Ontario. We are well on our way to that goal now. Each day new people have joined into this effort.

You can look at what we do in this area by going to http://prayforleaderstoday.blogspot.com/

My other commitment is to pray for my local MP - who is Mr. Dean Del Mastro. Dean is doing a great job even though he gets opposition locally. We all believe in Dean.

I mentioned earlier that I speak about the current events and the light hearted(but serious) way that I have spoken about the "Iggy and Stevie Show". Well some of it is done on my personal Blog that is read around the world. It is actually light hearted and I try not to condemn or put down any person.... I think... ahemm.


Today I am posting your request for a contribution to the Conservative Party - along with this Email content that is a letter to you. I posted other times on the Blog and had sent the information to the different leaders. Our MP's office said thanks then I started getting letters from your office - so someone must have listened to me - or even read what I wrote. Cool.

Be assured that I will be praying for you... and Stevie and Iggy... and Dean... and all the others... specially this week.The offer still stands - there is a group of ministers in Peterborough that are willing to travel to Ottawa to offer counseling on how to get along together. We do that all the time in the local setting.

And HEY... Irving - have a great day!

~ Murray Lincoln ~
Unemployed Canadian starting my own business now and looking for customers.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
For the rest of you… here is Irving R. Gerstein’s letter. Irving is the Chair of the Conservative Fund Canada. Enjoy.
~ ML ~

January 26, 2009

Dear Mr. Lincoln,

At the last election, Canadians entrusted the Conservative Party to lead Canada during the current economic recession.

Tomorrow, Prime Minister Stephen Harper will deliver Canada's Economic Action Plan: A multi-year plan that will stimulate the economy, protect those hit hard by the global recession and secure Canada's long-term prosperity.

The plan reflects a Government that, unlike the power-hungry coalition, is focused on policy, not politics, with a real program to help Canadians.

To support Canada's Economic Action Plan, we need to be prepared should an election be forced by the opposition parties. That's why I'm asking all of our dedicated supporters like you to make a donation of $200 or $100 right now by following this link.

By continuing to cling to their coalition, the Opposition demonstrates just how out-of-touch they have become. Canadians are rightly opposed to the Liberal-NDP-Bloc seizure of power - without an election - to impose an agenda (with separatists holding the veto over all the coalition's measures) that no Canadian voted for.

We need to be prepared whatever happens on Wednesday. The very real possibility of an election call means we need to be prepared to fight, and to do that, I need your help. Please, follow this link right now and make a contribution of $200 or $100. In order to deliver action on the economy, Stephen Harper and the Conservative Government needs to have the backing of a strong party.

Sincerely,Irving Gerstein, C.M., O.Ont
Chair, Conservative Fund Canada

P.S. - With Canada's Economic Action plan being presented tomorrow, it's essential we have your support now. Please, consider making a contribution of $200 or $100 by following this link right now.

No comments: