Saturday, January 10, 2009

Guilty As Charged

The Red and Pinkish warning blasted itself across my computer monitor –
“You are blocked from making wall posts due to continued overuse of this feature.
Your failure to comply with an earlier warning has resulted in this block.

Continued misuse of Facebook's features may result in your account being permanently disabled.Which of the following links describes what you were trying to do? Clicking on a link will take you to more information on how to use Facebook's features.”

I went to bed guilty! Sheesh I hate that feeling – condemned!

Before I go to far here is what happened… I was trying to get the word out to as many of my Ontario Friends as possible as fast as possible – about the Ontario Provincial Chaplaincy. In the Ontario Provincial Chaplaincy we simply pray for our Leaders in the Province and in the Cities of our Province. The address is http://prayforleaderstoday.blogspot.com/

To every Ontario friend that I have I sent a “Wall to Wall” message. I typed some of the information into an original post and then to save time – I Copied that message then Pasted it into the next “Wall to Wall Post” to the next friend from Ontario.

Guess what! You cannot do that too long before the above warning pops up and shuts you down. Worse yet the implied threat to nuke you to the eternal world of FRIENDLESSNESS – scared the beejeebees out of me. I mean I have 467 friends that love sending me a huge amount a videos and stuff and hugs and kisses and boxes of chocolates and cards and invitations and you name I have got it.

At this moment I have 1 Friend Request, 2 timmy gift requests, and 34 other invitations waiting me… and 8 people have super poked me…

So in order to deal with it all – I save my Facebooking until the end of the day, or do it very early in the morning. But Facebook Police are never asleep… they see what you do even late at night.

Well after an apologetic note last night sent to info@facebook.com
I was free this morning. I also created a New Group on Facebook that is entitled Ontario Provincial Chaplaincy Group in which people that are interested click through and join the group. And if they don’t want to they can avoid me…us…

It worked – I am free –except for one thing… I went to bed guilty. And guilty is not cool.

I woke at about 3:45 AM in a cold shudder… wide awake! My dream had abruptly ended as I scrambled away from those that had been holding me down. My skin was wet and felt like it was burning up. The place where the electrodes pulled out of my skin were burning as well. My right arm was limp and my steps were faltering as I ran from the guys chasing me.

Where was I? And why in the world was I there? I couldn’t figure that one out. Except I do remember the vivid and horrible trial that had taken place where they condemned me to be taken to the prison again and be electrocuted! No kidding – it was real. A real trial and real death penalty.

Then the horror took place of being led with my hands shackled and feet chained together to the electric chair. Then I sat down – or was held down. My wonderful wife looked on with tears… my kids were there too…

Then the guy pulled the throttle lever… and Kazoom, Kabam, Kazooty the sparks flew from me and the chair. And then… poof it was over… the chair exploded and someone grabbed my arm and pulled my through the smoke and smell… and I was running and running… and running.

I could not move my legs as the bed sheet was wrapped tightly around them.

Man of man it is not good to go to bed GUILTY! And how the Facebook Police got into my dream is freaky. I mean they only are supposed to be On-Line when I am On-line… I have Spam and Anti-Virus Filters that block people like them… don’t I?

And the not so funny part is that I never watched any TV yesterday…nor have I seen a movie for more than two months!

GUILTY is not good! This morning I thought about some guys that I know that are in a real jail… real prison. I shudder for them. They sleep that way every night.

One of my friends I Michael Cohen, the Radio and Newspaper Personality across Canada. He is a man with a strong opinion. He and another Bald Guy have a radio program that is entitled “Two Bald Guys with Strong Opinions” Michael was very excited about the Ontario Provincial Chaplaincy and promoted it for others to see…

Now another guy that just joined the Liberal Party last week has decided to run for the Leadership on the Liberals Nationally. He told me in a message that he really needs me to PRAY for HIM as he takes the leadership race away from Michael Igni…

This morning as I read my Facebook and the replies that I had received I settled down. I am alive. But I am still guilty as charged and must be careful. I think that I am on probation now. Some one is watching!

~ Murray Lincoln ~

PS – HAPPY BIRTHDAY today to our daughter ANDA… mother of four of my grandsons and wife to a Hockey Dad, Bill. Come to think of it Anda…. When your mom told me that she thought it was time to go to the hospital that day… on a Saturday… I was a little shaken. I didn’t know if you were a girl or a boy… and I was not sure what would happen next…

Maybe your birthday is what caused my dream last night – come to think of it. That meant that I had to baby sit Dana yours sister ALONE – until mom came home from the hospital! YIKES!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rge Facebook Police! Haha. We have similar issues in my work world with the GST Police and the Child Tax Benefit Police. Do you suppose they all go for training at the sme institution? The 3:45 awake time would explain the timing of the Jonah video though

Chad