Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hey God are You There?

And I thought I had problems! Looking at the guy by the name of Job can turn your life around. Imagine having a name that people only remember as something to do with “patience”.. i.e. “the patience of Job”.

Job wasn’t about ‘Patience’ – Job was about losing absolutely everything and then when it is all gone and his friends are getting down on him… he still wouldn’t give up!

Maybe if we started declaring that we are facing the “trials of Job” it would make more sense. Maybe if E.I. had another department that was called “Job’s Afflictions” they would get many visitors…

But then “JOB” – the man and “job” the thing that I need to get before long…. Are not the same…

The Bible tells me that…
  • Moses waited 40 years before the right position is offered to him by a “Head Hunter”…at that stage he was 80 years old. Great time to start over right?
  • Noah waited 120 years before his Boat would float… try starting a Marina Business at 120 years old.
  • Abraham waited 25 years for a Promised Son… and was 100 when he arrived. Have loud little kids bugged you at times – while you are the age that you are? Try being 100.
  • Joseph languished in prison for 14 years for a crime that he didn’t commit after being harshly dealt with by his brothers.
  • And… Job waited perhaps one of our life times – maybe 60 to70 years before the tragedies of his early life would be seen as victories in later life – ending it all with far more than he had at the beginning.
Adding the numbers above you get 259 to 269 years of waiting. Wow!

Waiting kills me! Being the kind of person that I am I need to do – to wait is not in my action list of things to do. I am a “Human Being” that is…being… and also often a “Human Doing”… but I am NOT a “HUMAN WAITING”!!!! At least that part I do not do well.

But in every case God seems to like nothing more than to do it in His Time and His Way… Arghh!

Some one sent me this cute email… here I quote some of the text… and I accept it…

To: YOU
Date: TODAY
From: GOD
Subject: YOURSELF
Reference: LIFE

This is God. Today I will be handling All of your problems for you. I do Not need your help. So, have a nice day. I love you.

P.S. And, remember...
If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do Not attempt to re! solve i t yourself! Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. I will get to it in MY TIME. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours.

Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now….

Okay God – I got your message. I will wait… a little longer. Hey God – do you want to go for walk? I would like to talk to you a little more about what is happening now. Oh – I know – you already know all about it! I get that part – I just need to talk to you some more.

~ Murray Lincoln ~

No comments: