Saturday, September 19, 2009

Michael and Stephen… listen up… What will our neighbors think?

If I hear that stupid Conservative Ad one more time I will throw up! Each time it comes on now I grab my remote and try to hit MUTE.

You know the one that has the strong statements about Michael Ignatieff being accused of being ‘whatever’ – and anything but a true Canadian. It infers that he is in politics for himself… that he is cahoots with the other 'bad opposition’ parties'… and that people should wake up.

Okay I got the message loud and clear… it is very simple… the Conservatives don’t like the Liberals.

Then immediately following the Ad about ‘Bad Boy Michael’ comes ‘Good Boy Michael’ sitting in a lovely Forest setting… and smiling his chiseled way… telling everyone that his party has a better plan… but he never tells us what it is. I feel like I am at the edge of the Forest and Michael wants to lead me still further into the Forest… but I am not sure that I should go there.

I always look at his teeth… his smile frozen… and his face never changes… I don’t know what he is thinking – really!

Why are there no bugs flying around Michael’s head? This is Canada. There should at least be some Wasps or Hornets swishing in and out of the scene… or even a mosquito if you are that far into the trees???? There should be the sound of river in the background – if not a semi trailer going down a highway?

Michael is not a P.E. Trudeau – a former Liberal Leader – that swished down the river in a canoe… and wore that beaded buckskin jacket. Trudeau got wet… Michael got makeup.

The Conservatives have painted the person of Michael as real bad.

If Michael responded to my invitation to personally come over for a BBQ at my home with his wife – I would love to have him come. As long as he doesn’t talk politics – he is welcome…

But that is not a good idea because the local Liberal politician Betsy McGregor would want to come too… and well Betsy has already been to my place… stood on my porch and ranted about what an idiot her opponent was. That turned me off so far that my switch had to be fixed! And guess what – her opponent Dean Del Mastro was elected.

To reconfirm that it hasn’t changed any – this week I stood beside Betsy as she explained more of her opinion to another potential voter – she hasn’t changed. She is still a University Prof that talks down to you like a High School teacher used too…

If you pick up from this that I am frustrated – you got it right.

It is not election time. It is our beautiful fall season… it is our soon to be Christmas rush. It is good – Harvest Time. But my TV is filled with Anti- Michael Ads and Come with Me into the Forest Ads.

Next is coming the “We Can Really Do it Better” and “They Got in Bed with the NDP and BLOQ – WE DIDN’T”

I could go on… and on…

But in reality it is really the same as a Parent’s early years with small children that are fighting. If you want to get any Peace in the house where the kids are giving you a nightmarish day… you separate them… put them in different rooms with quiet music and a coloring book… then check on them from time to time. The sweet strains of music fill your home. Then a soft little voice comes from behind you and says, “Daddy, look what I drew for you…” A half hour earlier that same little voice was screaming its lungs out with rage and anger!

In Canada, for my American Readers, we have a huge building that houses the antics of our Canadian Politicians. It is called our Parliament Buildings generally. It is also called something really funny. It is the called the “House of Commons”.

But there could be nothing further from the Truth… they have NOTHING IN COMMON! Other than the fact that they are all human beings created equal… they are in opposition to each other all the time.

In reading the one article shown in the Link below it is really comical when Michael makes a statement to me, “Don’t Take the Liberals as Fools”.

I don’t take them or any other Party as Fools. They are the sharpest and smartest people that I can read about. They just don’t act too smart sometimes… and act like children… all the time.

In Michael’s statements today a very human side came out as he spoke to the Star Reporter Susan Delacourt. He described how he was watching a TV program and the series of TV Ads came on – three of them… all from the Government… and presumably the same ones that I see all the time.

Michael didn’t enjoy his TV Program anymore.

I would have believed Michael and even felt a bit of tenderness… until he made it look like Stephen had made the TV Ads and personally shot them.

Michael – Michael – Michael – it isn’t about Stephen… but about both of your hidden crews of people behind the scenes that keep jabbing at each other until everyone wants to fight.

Michael and Stephen… listen up… look at me… read my lips… it is called “The House of Commons” – get your act together. THIS IS GETTING EMBARRASING! What will our neighbors think?

~ Murray Lincoln ~
www.murraylincoln.com

Source:
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/698082
http://www.parl.gc.ca/information/about/process/house/guide/index-e.asp

No comments: