Saturday, January 2, 2016

Pyrography on a Duck - January 2, 2016

Pyrography on a Duck - January 2, 2016

The Duck likely came from China. It is carved from Mahogany and had a minimal paint job of feathers.  Nope... not an expensive Decoy - carved by a Master Carver.  Just an old duck that needed pepping up.

I removed the feather paintings on this back and sides.  Then I began the design drawing on the duck. Instead of decorating the flowers I filled in the background with the flat burning tool.  Care was given to the evenness of the burn over all.

Enjoy;

Murray Lincoln

Here are the photos of my Pyrography duck







For more information about Misty Hollow and how to contact me... see the following...

Misty Hollow Carving
murray.lincoln@gmail.com  

Facebook for Misty Hollow Carving 
Twitter @misty_hollow
Misty Hollow Web Site is www.murraylincoln.com

Pinterest - Murray Lincoln

No comments: